Personal branding has become a key marketing concept in recent years, and focuses on the individual, rather than a company, as a brand. These days it is not enough simply to be an anonymous entrepreneur or business leader hiding behind a company logo. People expect more personal interaction and transparency about who you are. The truth is, that you already have a personal brand. You just might not be aware of it. Try and google yourself and see what comes up.
But why leave your digital footprint to chance? Especially when there are a series of actions that you can take advantage of to have a positive impact on your presence online and even offline. But what are these actions? And how can you execute them?
You may also be interested:
What is personal branding?
Personal branding is the mark you leave behind, with every interaction, every eye to eye contact… and it is built up of those characteristics of an individual that makes him/her unique and different. It is the mixture of values, tools, skills, and personality that make a person stand out.
Using personal branding as a business tactic was initially utilized as a recruitment tool to help people find a job, by reinventing themselves to stand out from the rest of the applicant pool.
According to the balance website; “Personal Branding is how people remember you. It’s more than a trademark; it is how you present yourself online and offline to potential clients and customers. Your brand builds your business, but it still centers around you as an individual.” Nowadays, trying to blend in with your competitors will not attract people: the most important thing is to let people personally connect with you as an individual.
How can you create your personal brand?
Are you ready to stand out from the crowd and show the world the best of you? Let’s get down to work and highlight all those qualities that make you different and special. Because we are all different, and what you have to offer is different from anyone else. The only thing you have to do for the world to get to know the real you is to share your amazing message.
Here you can find some very simple steps to follow, in the creation of your personal brand.
- Identify what you want to say and build your message. Whether you want to highlight your career, your professionalism, your way of seeing life, your expertise and values, or whatever facet of you that you think makes you special, you need to define how to share it and where. Build a strong and motivating message – nobody will be able to speak better about your work than yourself.
- Work your biography. Your personal brand works just like the corporate image of a large company. All the details have to be taken care of, especially what you share as a biography. Have you heard about storytelling? This will be your own story and it must reflect and be able to transmit your values and qualities. So this needs to be the official message that you would like to appear everywhere.
- Take care of your social media. The Internet is has all the information about you within click range. That’s why you should take care of your digital mark. Perhaps your LinkedIn profile looks very professional but your Facebook profile is not taken care of in the same way. This discontinuity can mess up your brand and even cause you problems. Remember: all social networks are a channel of communication towards your personal brand.
- Host all your work and experience in one place. Instead of having links that lead to your different projects and works, we advise you to have all your content in one place and offer them easily. So the person who is interested in you and your work can see every detail of what you have done in only one place.
- Have a logo. You are a brand with legs, arms, and hands. The first aspiration of a personal brand is to be memorable. What is better than a simple and specific image that reflects everything you stand for at only one glance? It can be your name or your logo, an image, or typography. The most important thing is for it to capture your personality and define you as a person.
You are all set and with these tips, you should be able to define and launch your personal brand. What are you waiting for? Now is the best moment.
Do you have any questions? Leave a comment below.
Would you like to create or to get the best out of your personal branding? We can help you. You can head to our shop and click on our branding package.